See us on Facebook

The Ships

Tahoe:

Built by John Lindstrom in 1907 at Hoquiam, Washington. She displaced 751 tons.  In her final years she was a garbage ship. She sank off Panama in 1943.

Tamalpais:

Built Mathewws Shipbuilding Co. in 1906 at Hoquiam, Washington. She displaced 574 tons. She was broken up in 1931.

T.C. Condor:

The T.C. Condor was a 60 ton steam schooner with an oil fired engine. Launched in 1914 she was stranded and lost off of the Mendocino Coast in 1936.

Temple E. Dorr:

Built by Mathewws Shipbuilding Co. in 1907 in Hoquiam, Washington. She displaced 720 tons. She caught on fire and sank off of Cuba in 1919.

Thomas L. Wand:

Built by John Lindstrom at Aberdeen, Washington in 1906. She displaced 657 tons. She was stranded and lost of Point Sur on September 16th, 1933.

Three Sisters:

She was a two masted schooner displacing 62 tons under the command of Captain Martin Walters. The Three Sisters dragged her anchor and was lost off of the  Mendocino Coast in 1880.

Tilamook:

Built by George W. Boole in San Francisco in 1887. She displaced 265 tons.

Tiverton:

Built by G. H. Hitchings in Hoquiam, Washington in 1906. She displaced 557 tons. She was stranded and lost in Humboldt Bay on March 13th, 1933.

The wreck of the Tolo on the rocks at Salt Point

The wreck of the Tolo on the rocks
at Salt Point

Tolo:

Tolo was owned by J.G. Jackson, the owner of the Caspar Lumber Company in 1861. Interestingly she does not show up in the list of ships owned by the Caspar Lumber Company. Tolo was a sailing schooner captained by a man named Josslyn who was possibly the same man or a relative of the captain of the Florence. The Tolo went to pieces on the rocks at South Point in 1871 with a full load of lumber. Two rescuers from shore drowned in the effort to save the crew and passengers when their small boat was swamped by heavy surf.

Trinidad:

Built by Hammond Lumber Company in Fairhaven, California in 1918. She displaced 974 tons. She was stranded and lost in Willapa Bay on May 7th, 1917.

Unimak:

Built by John W. Dickie in 1901 at Alamaeda, California. She displaced 258 tons. In her final years she was a an ammunition carrier. She foundered and was lost in San Francisco Bay 1n 1943.

U.S. Nelson:

A 48 ton two masted schooner commanded by Captain Eriksen parted her lines in a storm and was lost off of the Mendocino Coast in 1878.

Top of Page