Built by John McDade at Fairhaven, California in 1918. She displaced 870 tons. She was stranded and lost at Grays harbor in 1925.
The Halcyon was a clipper brig built in 1855 three quarters owned by Charles Mclean. Captained by George A. Wood she was driven ashore by a storm off the Mendocino Coast in 1859.
Built by Hay & Wright at Alameda, California in 1901. She displaced 666 tons. She was stranded and lost off of Bolinas on November 23rd, 1914.
A 134 ton two masted schooner launched in 1876 was lost off of the Mendocino Coast in 1885.
Built by Fulton Iron Works in san Francisco in 1898. She displaced 429 tons.
The Harriet was a two masted schooner that sailed under Captain Haley. She foundered after she parted from her lines in 1855 off the Mendocino Coast.
Built by Mathews Shipbuilding at Hoquiam, Washington in 1916. She displaced 946 tons. She was stranded and lost off Point Reyes on June 27th, 1929.
Commanded by Captain Means she was a two masted scow/schooner launched in 1874. 71.5 feet long, 25.5 across the beam she displaced 73 tons. She was stranded and lost off of the Mendocino Coast in 1888.
Built by Ballard Shipbuilding in Seattle, Washington in 1918. She displaced 1,067 tons. She was broken up and turned into a breakwater at Pablo Bay in San Francisco.
The Helen was built in 1864 and was owned and captained by a Captain Lendl. She was a two masted sailing schooner and displaced 121 tons. One of the worst storms on record along the Mendocino Coast occurred between November 17th and 23rd, 1865. Mrs. Silas Coombs of Little River wrote about the storm in the November 28th issue of the “Ukiah Herald.” She reported the schooner Helen was stranded at Point Reyes.
Built in 1881 and owned by John S. Kimball she displaced 182 tons, was 112 feet long and was 31 feet in the beam. A two masted schooner she was commanded by Captain Heligsen. She was wrecked and lost off of the Mendocino Coast in 1882.
One of the worst storms on record occurred between November 17th and 23rd, 1865. Mrs. Silas Coombs of Little River wrote about the storm in the November 28th issue of the “Ukiah Herald.” She reported that the Helen Louisa was lost outside of San Francisco Bay.
Helen P. Drew:
The Helen P. Drew was a wooden steam schooner built in 1904 by George H. Hitchings in Hoquiam, Washington. She was owned by the Lorenzo E. White Lumber Company and frequently docked in Greenwood (Elk) loading lumber, passengers and merchandise for delivery to San Francisco. She displaced 309 tons.
Built by Mathews Shipbuilding Co. in 1916 at Hoquiam, Washington. She displaced 672 tons. She foundered and was lost in Richardson Bay.
The H.F. Harper was wrecked off of the Mendocino Coast in 1922.
The H.H. Briggs was a two masted schooner wrecked off of the Mendocino Coast in 1887.
Launched in 1874 and owned by George McPhee the H.H. Knapp was a sailing schooner that was lost in a storm off of the Mendocino Coast in 1887. Commanded by Captain P.E. Halback she was 98.5 feet long, 25.6 feet in the beam and displaced 77 tons.
The H.L.Tieman was a two masted schooner built in 1867 and was owned by a man of the same name. Her captain’s name was Berry. She displaced 153 tons, was 90 feet long and her beam was 27.5 feet. She parted her moorings and sank off the Mendocino Coast in 1869.
She was built by Reed Shipbuilding in 1891 at Bandon, Oregon. She displaced 331 tons. The Homer was operated by J.H. Fritch of San Francisco who, in 1907 -08, had a fleet of three steamers: Carmel, Homer and the Sea Foam. His fleet of coasting steamers served ports like Mendocino, Albion and Point Arena. She was broken up and used as a barge.
Built by Bendixsen in 1906 at Fairhaven, California. She displaced 644 tons. She was stranded and lost at Salina Cru on February 8th, 1944.
She parted her moorings and was lost off of the Mendocino Coast in 1920.
The H.T. Clay was a sailing schooner that was stranded off the Mendocino Coast in 1862.
Built by Bendixsen in Fairhaven, California in 1897. She sank in Hawaiian waters in 1928.
A 138 ton two masted schooner launched in 1874 owned by John S. Kimblall parted her lines in a storm and was lost in 1885.
Built by Kruse & Banks in 1917 at North Bend, Oregon. She displaced 1,292 tons.
Built by Bendixsen at Fairhaven, California in 1900. She displaced 712 tons. She was sold to East Coast interests.
The Ida Florence was launched in 1869 and was commanded by Captain Peterson. She was a two masted schooner 67.5 feet long, 23.5 feet across the beam and displaced 56 tons. She parted her cables and was lost off of the Mendocino Coast in 1890.
Built by Andrew Petersen in Aberdeen, Washington in 1917. She displaced 1,047 tons. She was laid up in Oakland Creekl, san Francisco.
A two masted schooner known to have worked the doghole ports along the Mendocino Coast.
A sailing schooner, she was wrecked off the Mendocino Coast in 1854.
Irma was a two masted schooner. She was lost in a storm off of the Mendocino Coast in 1887.
Captain Redfield’s two masted sailing schooner the Isabella Ebbetta was wrecked off the Mendocino Coast in 1858.